I’m looking for a new CRM tool… right now I am using Critsend.
Critsend is good to view the number of :
- Email sent
- Email received
- Image view
- Click Through
- ISP block
The other pluses :
- the management by tags is pretty cool
- we keep ownership of the email base and send through a script hosted on our base
However, my bounce rate and ISP scores are very poor… and I am not getting worthy guidance there. I’m losing nearly 20% of my email campaign just because of these.
Also I am looking for a preview of my email on various email clients (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo!) and device (desktop, mobile, tablet). And advanced KPI’s
So ! I was advised http://www.softwareadvice.com/, but this didn’t seem to fit this one need, I’ll use for other tools though.
I tried https://espinator.com/go/?s=msespinator where you enter a number of criteria to find the best CRM tool.
My main criteria :
- Email display preview on several email clients
- ESP to enhance email campaign delivery by reducing spam, bounces, ISP block
- Advanced analytics to analyse KPI’s
- 60-100 000 emails sent per month
- No more than 0,5€ per 1000 emails
I ended up with 3 suggestions :
- Marketing cloud from Salesforce : well, the pricing put me out
- Experian CheetahMail : the interface is unbelievably unfriendly. I gave up
- Mailup : this one I am currently testing
Mailup : Basic purchase is 2000 emails / hour, and costs 50€/month
There is a 1000-email free trial. The setup was quite rocky, I had to explain to the support what my issue was several times, before they realized I was not just dumb but that the technical team was actually required to let me through.
Once I got into the matrix, I was able to set up a customized email (but with a Mailup disclaimer), upload my base, and send my emails.
So far the system seemed to work, I tested out with 800 emails, and I was happy with :
- Preview of emails
- More precise stats
- what link was clicked
- what email opened / clicked
- clicked / opened with or without image
- bounce reason : invalid address, blocked, etc.
The service offers SMS campaigns, too.
I am now trying to subscribe or 1 month and fully use the premium service, but that seems to be an issue, too. To be followed…